[Reader-list] The Little Book of Kabul

francesca recchia kiccovich at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 11:19:55 IST 2012

Dear all

Hope this finds you well.
I am writing to share a project I am working on in Kabul at the moment,
a book project called The Little Book of Kabul.
It is a book on the role that creative and cultural practices can play
in the perspective of 2014 political transition in Afghanistan.
We are "shadowing" a number of artists to see what their real, "normal"
life is like.
It is a book, with photos and texts, that deals very much with what may
mean normality in this country.
We are meeting a lot of amazing people, this time of research is really
an incredible life experience.
https://littlebookofkabul.wordpress.com/

The book will be ready some time next year, published by the US
independent publisher Foxhead.
This phase of the project is exciting, but completely self funded -
working in Kabul is really quite expensive, that is why we have decided
to start a crowd-funding campaign to support it.
Here is the link http://www.indiegogo.com/littlebookofkabul

It would be great if you could help us out and spread the voice about
the project. We have 40 days, so every bit of help and support really
really counts.

Hope to hear from you very soon.

Thanks a ton
francesca