[Reader-list] Nirmal Bharat Yatra video editor needed

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Mon Oct 15 06:41:38 IST 2012

The Nirmal Bharat Yatra (NBY) (www.facebook.com/greatwashyatra) is in urgent need of a video editor to help our videography team produce exciting and compelling content. The NBY is a huge sanitation and hygiene awareness campaign traveling throughout rural North India, aiming to eradicate open defecation and promote good hand-washing techniques. WASH United, an international advocacy organization, and Quicksand Design Studio, an Indian social innovation consultancy, are managing the event.

 The fellow would join Sabika Muzaffar and Vikram Arora, two expert filmmakers, to create videos of the NBY on a daily basis as it travels from Rajasthan to Bihar. Applicants should have established themselves as video editors, and should have a healthy interest in documentary production.

 Benefits: All travel, room and food will be covered through November 19th – World Toilet Day -- when the NBY culminates in Bettiah, Bihar. You will join a team of 10 fellows from all over the world, ranging from musicians to choreographers to journalists and more. You will also be participating in an immensely important campaign addressing rural India’s sanitation crisis. This is an opportunity to engage in something meaningful while traveling across India’s hinterland.

 Qualifications: Significant experience in video editing with Final Cut Pro and possession of your own system, genuine interest in documentary editing, and a healthy dose of adventurous spirit – this Yatra is not for the weak of heart! Applicants of all backgrounds are welcome.

 Particulars: We ask that you join us as soon as possible. We will be in Sangod, Rajasthan as of October 17th, and will be leaving for Gwalior about a week later.

 Please contact Max Bearak (max at quicksand.co.in) and/or Sabrina Aggarwal (sabrina.aggarwal at wash-united.org) with letters of interest.

--

Sabrina Aggarwal
MSPH, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health 2011