[Reader-list] PPSS PRESS RELEASE

asit das asit1917 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 13:18:26 IST 2012

     *POSCO Pratirodh Sangram Samiti (PPSS) Press Release*

September 24, 2012

The *PPSS *condemns in strongest terms the evil design of POSCO and the
state government to mislead public opinion by suddenly declaring the so
called Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)  package of Rs 2000 million
for peripheral development as if the resistance of our people is based on
narrow economic interest or opportunism and as if we all have been waiting
just to hear a CSR package. Where does the question of peripheral
development arise when the project itself is facing serious resistance and
thus has become uncertain? They are not yet able to explain to us where
they spent Rs 3000 million, the claim they have been making in every
possible forum. This is how an unholy empire of criminals, crooks and wrong
doers is building with the full complicity of the administration.  There is
also an ill motivated campaign going against the people by making false
assertion that out of the required 4000 acres of land the company has
already got 2000 acres. We don’t know who has got this figure and where are
the lands? The PPSS is aware of the fact that all the cultivable land and
forest land that was under the occupation of the people earlier are still
there now even in the so called project area.  All kinds of false
propaganda, intimidation, false cases and threats of forcible eviction has
not demoralized our people and they are doubly determined to take the
struggle to its logical end that is till POSCO is driven out of the soil.

We fail to understand why a democratically elected government is so
arrogantly going against its own people and working day and night for a
profit oriented multinational having no commitment to our people and this
country! The National Green Tribunal has already objected to the project.
Both the center and the state governments have gone mad after POSCO and are
not even willing to respect judicial and quasi-judicial bodies. Democracy
and our right to dissent and protest are being brutally assaulted by the so
called democratic government of the state.

We appeal all friends, well wishers and fellow fighters to expose the
hypocrisy and misleading campaigns of the state and stand firmly with us
till the demon POSCO is out of soil.

*Abhya Sahu*

*Chairperson, Posco Pratirodh Sangram Samiti *