[Reader-list] kashmir belongs to us

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 07:08:14 CST 2013

Interesting story/joke. Here's one about Rishi Parshuram. The story I have
heard is that an angry Parshuram went somewhere around North East and hit a
stone which gave birth to Brahmaputra. The strange part here is that now
along with few Indian companies, Indian state wants to the build a huge dam
over there, and produce electricity. Great story so far. But looks like
residents of that area are not very happy with this dam. Some of them claim
that it will destroy what's called Parshuram Kund and also uproot people?

So does Parshuram Kund belong to India or Indians? If it did, the dam also
belongs to India. but Indians also want the Parshuram Kund. Irony? The joke
does not include the residents. We are not even talking about lives of the
local residents. After all, who gives a damn about a few tribes, India and
Indians can appropriate anything and make jokes about them at UN. Is n't it
Pradeep Agashe?

I didn't know the sarai reader's list endorsed such jokes. Will contribute
more. :)