[Reader-list] Grierson's Film Festival, FRIDAY, 10 JANUARY 2014 to SUNDAY, 12 JANUARY 2014 13.00 TO 19.00 NANDAN II - NANDAN FILM COMPLEX, KOLKATA

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Tue Dec 31 00:09:11 CST 2013

British Council in association with the Grierson Trust and Nandan Film Centre presents the 'Grierson's Documentary Film Festival' in Kolkata from Friday, 10 to Sunday, 12 January 2014.
The three-day festival will screen six cutting-edge documentaries from the Grierson's collection. Noted city-based filmmaker Bedabrata Pain will inaugurate the festival. All films will be screened at the Nandan II theatres. Entry to the festival is free of charge and passes to the festival are available upto Saturday, 11 January 2014 at the customer services desk of British Council Kolkata (L&T Chambers, 16 Camac Street, Kolkata 700017)
>From exploring John Lennon's death to the secret of the roaring West Indies cricket team, the festival will provide documentary film enthusiasts a visual treat this January!
The festival schedule is provided below

Date
Time
Film and Runtime
Venue

15.00 hrs - 16.00 hrs
Fire in Babylon - 89 Mins
Nandan II

16.30 hrs - 18.00 hrs
Man On Wire - 94 mins
Nandan II

15.00 hrs - 16.00 hrs
The Love of Books: A Sarajevo Story - 59 mins
Nandan II

16.00 hrs - 17.00 hrs
Double Agent: The Eddie Chapman Story - 59 mins
Nandan II

15.00 hrs - 16.30 hrs
Soundtrack for a Revolution - 82 mins
Nandan II

16.30 hrs - 17.30 hrs
The Day John Lennon Died - 60 mins
Nandan II

Also in association with Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute (SRFTI) and La Maison Des Delices will host a two-day workshop on documentary filmmaking at the British Council on Friday, 10 and Saturday, 11 January 2014. The workshop will be led by film makers/practitioners from SRFTI. The engagement will cover rudimentary elements of documentary films and practices followed by a hands-on film making exercise for all participants. The workshop is priced at INR 1500 (Indian Rupees Fifteen Hundred only) per person and is open to all enthusiasts from age 17 and upwards. You have to write to Arijita Sanyal to register for the workshop.
About Grierson Trust
The Trustcommemorates the pioneering Scottish documentary maker John Grierson (1898-1972), famous for Drifters and Night Mail (and the man widely regarded as the father of the documentary. Each year, The Grierson Trust recognises the best documentary filmmaking from Britain and abroad through their prestigious British Documentary Awards, and we are given unprecedented access to the best of the nominees each year.