[Reader-list] 3 Dalit Youth Mudered and Mutilated in Maharashtra

Asit Das asit1917 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 12:54:03 IST 2013

Dear Friends
Pasted below you will find another news regarding gruesome killing of
Dalits and once again from Maharashtra.

With Regards
Umakant, Ph.D

Maharashtra: 3 Dalit youths found murdered, mutilated; activists suspect
honour killing ******
Smitha Nair, CNN-IBN, Updated Jan 31, 2013 at 12:43pm IST****
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/maharashtra-3-dalit-youths-found-murdered-mutilated-activists-suspect-honour-killing/369944-3-237.html?from=HP
****
** **
*Mumbai:* The bodies of three Dalit youth from the Mehtar community were
found in a mutilated condition in the Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra in
what activists claim is a case of honour killing. Sachin Dharu, who was in
a relationship with an upper caste girl, was found dead along with two of
his friends. ****
** **
Sachin's family claims that Dharu and his friends were allegedly killed by
the girl's family. The bodies were found with their limbs chopped. ****
** **
The police have arrested five members of the girl's family. The killings
that happened last month have come to light now. Reacting to the incident
RPI leader Ramdas Athawale said, ****
** **
"This is a serious incident, Ujjwal Nikkam should be the advocate on this
matter, there should be a cell looking into Dalit atrocities."****
** **
This comes amids rising incidents of crimes against Dalits in the country.
Earlier this wee, a newly married Dalit couple was allegedly beaten up by a
mob in Satara in Maharashtra with the attempt to kill them. The attackers
were accused of killing the couple's relative and are allegedly close
associates of local Congress MLA Jaya Kumar Gore.****
** **
The couple survived, but political pressure was allegedly being applied on
hospital authorities to change their medical report. Police were also
reportedly reluctant to file an FIR.****
** **
*You could watch video of this news report*:
http://ibnlive.in.com/cnnibnvideos/top-in/369944.html****
** **
 ****
** **

*My final words of advice to you are educate, agitate and organize; have
faith in yourself. With justice on our side I do not see how we can lose
our battle. The battle to me is a matter of joy. The battle is in the
fullest sense spiritual. There is nothing material or social in it. For
ours is a battle not for wealth or for power. It is battle for freedom. It
is the battle of reclamation of human personality.
B.R.Ambedkar*