[Reader-list] Fwd: Book Launch _Those who did not die_FEB 19

Nagraj Adve nagraj.adve at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 09:11:19 IST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Dear friends,

This is an invitation (attached) from the publisher for the book *Those who
did not die: Impact of the Agrarian Crisis on Women in Punjab on FEB 19
(Tuesday) at 6pm at IIC Annexe. *It is based on interviews of 136 women
survivors from families where there have been peasant suicides. I have only
attempted to reveal the social side of the agrarian crisis to the best of
my ability and understanding.  Here is a bit more of the book
http://www.uk.sagepub.com/books/Book240408

*Please come to the book launch event or share this with anyone who you
think would be interested.* Those on the panel are Aruna Roy, Uma
Chakravarti, Sukhpal Singh, Kavita Krishnan and yours truly. Yes, I am
nervous. But got to do anything - even Bharat Natyam or cartwheels in the
air - to get attention to realities that elude us so completely. Of the *aam
aurat *in today's times.

Humbly yours,
Ranjana

P.S. P*lease do share critical feedback if you happen to read the book.
Arguments and differences are especially solicited. The book is priced high
but I can get you a copy at author's discount, if required.*