[Reader-list] Screenings of Ajay Bhardwaj's 'Milange Babey Ratan De Mele Te' in Delhi & Mumbai

Pukhraj Singh pukhraj at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 11:53:24 IST 2013

"Close to a million people lost their lives and several million lost
their homelands forever when India and Pakistan were partitioned. In
the midst of the horror that Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs inflicted on
each other there were also redeeming stories of the love that bound
these communities together—stories we cling to, so we may retain our
faith in the human spirit . Milange Babey Ratan De Mele Te is one such
story. It is the story of how love survived a holocaust." — Arundhati
Roy

You are invited to the screenings of Ajay Bhardwaj’s
(www.ajaybhardwaj.in) new film 'Milange Babey Ratan De Mele Te' (Let’s
Meet At Baba Ratan’s Fair), a film about local cultural continuities
and a most imaginative transgression of rigid religious identities in
post-partition east Punjab.

1. Delhi screening:
Date & Time: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Showing at: India International Centre (IIC) Auditorium, 40 Max
Mueller Marg, New Delhi 110 003
Official Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/490590010991705/

2. Mumbai screening
Adda is organising a screening of Milange Babey Ratan De Mele Te /
Let’s Meet at Baba Ratan’s Fair.
Date & Time:  Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 6:15 PM.
Showing at:  Room 4, Main Campus, TISS, Opp. Deonar Bus Depot, Sion
Trombay Rd., Deonar, Mumbai — 400088
Official Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/467678073296242/