[Reader-list] Invitation to a screening of Ajay Bhardwaj's latest Punjab documentary

arshad amanullah arshad.mcrc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 08:27:54 IST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ajay Bhardwaj <ajayunmukt at yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Subject: Invitation to a screening of Ajay Bhardwaj's latest Punjab documentary

You are invited to a screening of my new documentary Milange Babey
Ratan De Mele Te (Let's Meet At Baba Ratan's Fair), a film about local
cultural continuities and a most imaginative transgression of rigid
religious identities in post-Partition east
Punjab.(www.ajaybhardwaj.in)

Showing at: India International Centre (IIC) Auditorium
40 Max Mueller Marg
New Delhi 110 003
Date & Time: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Duration: 1 hour and 35 minutes

“Close to a million people lost their lives and several million lost
their homelands forever when India and Pakistan were partitioned. In
the midst of the horror that Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs inflicted on
each other there were also redeeming stories of the love that bound
these communities together—stories we cling to, so we may retain our
faith in the human spirit. Milange Babey Ratan De Mele Te is one such
story. It is the story of how love survived a holocaust."
-- Arundhati Roy

watch the trailer here
http://ajaybhardwaj.in/films/milange-babey-ratan-de-mele-te/

Please forward this invite to your respective networks!

Thanks
Ajay