[Reader-list] [Fwd: Fire public prosecutor Carmen Ortiz, the persecutrix of Aaron Swartz

Patrice Riemens patrice at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 29 22:07:41 IST 2013

Subject: Fire her
From:    "David Segal, DemandProgress.org" <info at demandprogress.org>
Date:    Tue, January 29, 2013 17:19
To:      "Patrice Riemens" <patrice at xs4all.nl>

      [1][IMG]Patrice,

   Tens of thousands of people have used the White House's petition site to
   demand that President Obama fire Aaron Swartz's prosecutor Carmen Ortiz --
   easily surpassing the 25,000 signature threshold that's supposed to
   guarantee a response.

   Aaron died more than two weeks ago, but the White House still hasn't even
   issued a statement.

   We've been waiting far too long. Help us demand answers from the White
   House.  It's enough already: They need to respond to our calls and fire
   Ortiz.

   [2]Just click here to tell the White House to stop stonewalling and fire
   Ortiz.

   There's actually some good news to report:  The House Oversight Committee
   has responded to our requests and is calling for a briefing on Aaron's
   prosecution from the Department of Justice.

   That's because what happened to Aaron looks far more like a persecution
   than a prosecution: Ortiz wanted him to serve upwards of 35 years in
   federal prison for downloading too many ACADEMIC ARTICLES.

   We've demanded answers, Congress is demanding answers.  It's time for the
   White House to stop ignoring us.

  [3]Click here to tell the White House to stop stonewalling and fire Ortiz
  already!

   And please urge your friends to join our calls:

   [4][fb] If you're already on Facebook, [5]click here to share with your
           friends.
   [6][fb] If you're already on Twitter, click here to tweet about the
           campaign: [7]Tweet

   -Demand Progress