[Reader-list] MSWU Appeal for 5th February (update)

Asit Das asit1917 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 13:01:17 IST 2013

Comrade,

Please find attached, the appeal from Maruti Suzuki Workers Union for
observing 5 February as National Protest Day in different parts of the
country.

As you already know, our struggle is going on for last one and a half
years. There were three phases of strikes in 2011. After prolonged struggle
our union got registered. But after 18 July 2012 we are in a continuous
struggle against management-government-Haryana police. 546 regular workers
with 1800 contract workers have been terminated. 145 workers are in jail
and 66 more who have cases against their names are being chased by the
police. legal struggle related to both labour and criminal matters are
going on, both in Gurgaon labour and session court, and in Chandigarh high
court, but still now no workers has got bail.

Haryana government and police are acting as the lackeys of Maruti
management. But we are continuing our fight against all odds. Our struggle
has taken various forms like rallies, demonstration, Delhi-NCR auto
workers' convention, mass hunger strike and we have recently taken out a
'justice rally' on cycles across Haryana from four routes all of which
culminated in a demonstration in Rohtak on 27th January 2013. But the
police crackdown seems to be intensified.

*On 24th January, Com. Imaan khan, leading member of Provisional Working
Committee, MSWU that is leading the struggle now, since the whole union
body was arrested, was also arrested. When we were addressing a Press
Conference in Civil Lines, Gurgaon. Police and intelligence officials came
through deception as press people and forcefully abducted him. He's now
been sent to thrown into jail, have been arrested though he did not have
any case against his name. The police has forcibly taken signature of
jailed workers on blank pages and are adding names of workers according to
their choice. Com. Imaan has been slapped all cases of 302, 307, 120(b)
like other workers. Police repression has also been continuous on all
active workers and our families.*

In this critical situation we need support from other trade unions
progressive organizations across the country.

With struggling regards

--
Check our blog at:
http://marutisuzukiworkersunion.wordpress.com/