[Reader-list] Tweet-a-Pitch Partnership with The Scottish Documentary Institute

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Sat Jun 15 10:13:42 CDT 2013

Your WorldView is pleased to announce a fantastic new partnership with the Scottish Documentary Institute as part of our new season on the theme of 'Home', launching on the 20th June.
As a precursor to the launch of our 'Home' season, Your WorldView and the Scottish Documentary Institute are offering one lucky filmmaker the opportunity to be funded £1000 for their pitch on the theme of 'Home'. Based on the success of our 'Thought for Food' season's tweet-a-pitch, we are looking for a tweeted pitch of up to 140-characters in length which not only centers around the theme of 'Home', but also includes content that is relevant to international or development issues. Each film can only be between 3-5 minutes in length.
In addition to the £1,000 grant, the Scottish Documentary Institute are also offering £1,000 worth of mentorship to the winning project; making this an exclusive opportunity for any filmmaker.
When?
Pitches will be accepted from the 10th June, closing one week later on the 17th. Tweets must include the hashtag #YWVhome. Six finalists will then be announced with the launch of the Home season on 20th June, and will have one week to each film a 3-minute pitch. The winner of the Your WorldView grant and Scottish Documentary Institute mentorship will be announced on the 5th July.
Tweet-a-pitches are obviously small in size, so be creative in what you tweet to us. Best of luck to all of those filmmakers that take up the challenge! For inspiration we recommend that you check out the six finalist tweets and winning tweet from our last season here.  If you require more information, do not hesitate to email us at:yourworldview at cba.org.uk. Please also read the terms and conditions of the pitch before you apply.  http://www.yourworldview.org.uk/tweet-pitch-terms-and-conditions
The Scottish Documentary Institute is an internationally recognised documentary production and research centre based at Edinburgh College of Art (University of Edinburgh) running various training initiatives (Bridging the Gap, Interdoc) and an international pitching forum (The Edinburgh Pitch). Its production platform, SDI Productions Ltd, is one of the leading companies for creative documentary in Scotland. www.scottishdocinstitute.com