[Reader-list] Petition against the recent spate of violent attack on women in WB

Atreyi Dasgupta atreyid at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 13:27:13 CDT 2013

This petition is being floated in the wake of the recent surge of heinous
crimes against women in West Bengal and India at large. We are astounded by
the horrific murder and sexual assault of a 22 year old College student
from Barasat. We are also shocked and angry at the complete ineptness of
the administration. There seems to be absolutely no semblance to democratic
procedures in handling such crimes. We feel it is now upon us, ordinary
citizens to be relentless in our demand for justice, in asking for quick
and fair redressals and in protest against throttling attempts on fair and
peaceful demonstrations against these violent crimes. Please sign and
circulate.

http://www.myonlinepetition.com/petition/782/Confront+Violence+Against+Women/

Thanks,
Atreyi