[Reader-list] towards a datameet gathering in delhi | friday, 12th april, 5 pm

sumandro mail at ajantriks.net
Tue Mar 26 06:13:13 CDT 2013

Dear all,

With the recently held Open Data Camp 2013 in Bangalore and the upcoming
#12thPlan hackathon being organised by Planning Commission et al, the
time seems right to organise a gathering of data enthusiasts in Delhi.

The DataMeet <http://datameet.org/> gatherings started in Bangalore in
mid-2011 initially as periodic meet-ups, which slowly became a wider
loose network of data enthusiasts in Bangalore and elsewhere, eventually
leading up to Open Data Camps and data visualisation workshops.

Please let me invite you to a DataMeet gathering to be held in Sarai,
CSDS, Civil Lines, Delhi on Friday, 12th April at 5 pm. Sarai has
graciously allowed us to use the seminar space for our meeting. See this
page for address and direction:
<http://www.csds.in/index.php?inc=location>. Let me know if you need any
further details regrading reaching CSDS or other things.

The purpose of this gathering is to meet fellow (government and
non-government) data enthusiasts in Delhi, share challenges and
opportunities, and beginning discussions around future projects and
initiatives. We hope to have a good mix of researchers, programmers,
activists and advocates.

Please RSVP so that we have an idea about the number of people gathering.

Regards,

sumandro