[Reader-list] First Screening of RED ANT DREAM

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Tue May 7 03:53:28 CDT 2013

Red Ant Dream I English I 2013 I 120 mins

7th May 2013 | 7:00 pm I India Habitat Centre | Special Public Preview

Dir: Sanjay Kak | Camera: Ranjan Palit, Setu & Sanjay Kak | Editor: Tarun Bhartiya | Written by Sanjay Kak & Tarun Bhartiya

Are revolutions possible anymore? Or have revolutionary dreams been turned into possible nightmares? Armed insurrection brews in Bastar, the very heart of India. Adivasis come forth with their axes and their songs in the beleaguered Niyamgiri hills of Odisha. And in Punjab hope continues to coagulate around the iconic figure of Bhagat Singh, revolutionary patriot of the anti-colonial struggle.

A documentary encounter with the invisible world of those who defend another ideal of the world.

Screening followed by discussion with film-makers. Collab: Pratirodh ka Cinema / Cinema of Resistance

Here is a review of Sanjay Kak’s new film  http://www.epw.in/web-exclusives/long-march.html

- Rohit

Regards,
Rohit Rellan

Follow me on TWITTER: twitter.com/rohitrellan
Be my friend on FACEBOOK:http://www.facebook.com/rohit.rellan
Skype :rohitrellan