[Reader-list] Fwd: Anyaya Roy: (Un)Knowing Poverty: TEDxBerkeley talk

Patrice Riemens patrice at xs4all.nl
Tue May 14 16:12:45 CDT 2013

bwo INURA list/ Roger Keil

Corporate welfare, welfare for the rich, anyone? It's not only an American
story ...

----- Forwarded message from Ananya ROY <ananya at berkeley.edu> -----

As many of you know, I had the opportunity last month to give a
TEDxBerkeley talk - to inhabit a format which I do not necessarily find
conducive to critical thinking. The theme was Catalyzing Change. Well, here
is the talk, titled (Un)Knowing Poverty. Hopefully it will get viewers to
think about the inequalities of dependency!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKASroLDF0M&list=
PLsRNoUx8w3rOn1chQU7BxxfPbKX0xdW1g&

Best wishes,
Ananya

Ananya Roy, Ph.D.
Professor, City and Regional Planning
Distinguished Chair in Global Poverty and Practice
Education Director, Blum Center for Developing Economies
University of California, Berkeley
Twitter: @AnanyaRoy_Cal

----- End forwarded message -----