[Reader-list] Call for Papers on Centenary of Indian Cinema

Bangalore Film Society , bangalorefilmsociety at gmail.com
Mon May 27 04:42:09 CDT 2013

*Call for Papers on Centenary of Indian Cinema*

Deep Focus Cinema is celebrating the Centenary of Indian Cinema with a
special issue dedicated to it. This issue will focus on the unsung
classics, unexplored history, unusual tales of film-making, distribution,
viewing, pathbreaking contributions of idiosyncratic directors and
actors/actresses, the perennial disenchantment/debate on what is Indian
cinema, changing technologies and its impact on cinema, and cinema’s
contribution to the cultural histories and imaginaries. In this context, it
is also very important to interview directors, actors/actresses and other
artists and technicians who have witnessed many cataclysms and turmoil in
the passage of 100 years of cinema to capture the nuances of bygone times.
It is equally important in the context of globalization, how the
contemporary filmmakers negotiate cinema and connect with our diverse
cultural histories. We propose to explore how the cinema has influenced the
politics of the nation and whether there is any possibility of films
playing a role in redefining the idea of good life beyond corporate control
and dominance to that of sustainable economies. We welcome you to share
your very creative take on 100 years of Indian cinema.
We look forward to your article by 15th of July, 2013.

With every good wish,
Georgekutty