[Reader-list] Fwd: MARUTI SUZUKI WORKERS UNION

Asit Das asit1917 at gmail.com
Wed May 29 00:23:21 CDT 2013

*MARUTI SUZUKI WORKERS UNION*

*Reg. No. 1923*

*IMT Manesar, Gurgaon*

*Ref. No.
K/5/2013
Date: 28/5/2013*

* *

Our spirit of struggle has been further tempered in the hearth of
repression. We are resolute to continue our struggle against the Maruti
Suzuki management and Haryana government’s collusion with it, even as the
Haryana police administration came down with brutal force to break our
57-day long *dharna* in Kaithal on 18-19th May and put 111 of us behind
bars.

When we were being taken to Kaithal Jail and even inside it this week, we
sang *ragnis* and songs of freedom and struggle in the face of this
repression. Four of us were kept in solitary confinement to pressurize us,
but for two days from 18th May, we staged a hunger strike inside the
Kaithal Jail to demand our rights and pledged to renew our struggle. In
this spirit, *we have decided to hold a protest demonstration and
indefinite dharna from 1st June 2013 on, against the repressive actions of
18-19th May, in Kaithal and appeal to all pro-worker and democratic forces
to join us in our struggle.* We will also go ahead with our demands of
release of 147 workers in Gurgaon Jail, the reinstatement of terminated
workers and quashing of the case against the 11 workers and activists
lodged in Kaithal Jail.

After the arrests of 100 workers and activists and uprooting of our
*dharna*site by the brute force of thousands of Haryana police
personnel on the
night of 18th May and 19th May morning, we saw our fellow workers, family
relatives and supporters and activists who were staging a peaceful
democratic protests face brutal *lathi-charge*, water cannon and tear gas
on the evening of 19th May in front of the barricades near the residence of
the R.S. Surjewala, the Haryana Industries Minister. Our parents and old
women and men, were seriously injured, and 11 workers and activists have
been arrested including Provisional Working Committee, MSWU member Ramniwas
Kush, the advisor to our union and Gen Sec of Hindustan Motors SSKUnion
Deepak Bakshi, local panchayat leader Suresh Koth and Kaithal municipal
councilor Premchand under ridiculous charges of attempt to murder and many
other non-bailable offences.

>From 20th May on, the securities to be shown for bail-bond was set at
Rs.40000 each for the 100 workers and activists, which is clearly with the
intention of harassing us through all possible means. On 22nd May, the bail
application in the Chandigarh High Court for 16 of the 147 workers in jail
since 18th July 2012 has been rejected and the case dismissed. We believe
all evidence continues to clearly show our innocence and the management’s
complicity in the incident of 18th July 2012, and its malicious intent to
punish us for raising our voice for our fundamental right of freedom of
association to form a Union and against the contract worker system. We are
thus being subjected to repression not only in the form of police baton
charges, but also through the corrupt channels of injustice. The same
government which declares us criminals without any investigation, baton
charges and arrests us to crush our questions on its jobless growth model,
spends Rs.1.43 crores on the special public prosecutor in just 8 months as
a RTI has shown.

Against all this combined repression by the government administration
police and the legal system which refuses to give us justice, we are
resolved to struggle. Our friends and comrades and toiling masses
throughout the country have lend us support, as the protest demonstrations
have showed. Yesterday 27th May 2013, the joint trade unions of
Gurgaon-Manesar-Bawal showed their solidarity by protesting in front of the
Gurgaon DC office against the police repression on our struggle on
18-19thMay in Kaithal and submitted a memorandum to the Chief
Minister, Haryana.
This includes factory unions like Maruti Gurgaon MUKU, Suzuki Powertrain,
Suzuki Bike, Honda, Hero Motorcorp, Rico Dharuhera, FCC Rico Manesar,
Munjal Showa, Omax Auto, Satyam Auto, Endurance, Lumax Auto, Napino Manesar
Union as well as central trade Unions like HMS, AITUC, CITU, AIUTUC, and
others. Similar demonstrations are been organized daily in solidarity in
Delhi on 19th and 20th May by various organizations in front of Haryana
Bhavan and Jantar Mantar and in front of the CM Haryana house, in Kolkata
on 27th May where all struggling trade unions organized a joint rally of
over 1500 people in front of Maruti regional office, in Patna, in Punjab
and across the country in various places.

We appeal to all workers, trade unions, pro-worker and democratic forces
and individuals to continue to show solidarity by joining us on 1st June
2013 in Kaithal, Haryana in the protest demonstration and *dharna* by MSWU
and stage solidarity actions in the coming days as we intensify our
movement.

*Inquilab Zindabad!*

*Mazdoor Ekta Zindabad!*