[Reader-list] Our ongoing struggle against rights violation by Pakistan in India‏

Zulfiqar Shah shahzulf at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 21 07:40:58 CST 2013

Dear all:

Since
October 14, 2013 we (myself and my wife Fatima Shah) are giving Dharna (sit-in)
in New Delhi, India against Pakistan High Commission (PHC) because due to PHC’s
continuous interference in my medical process in at least three prestigious
hospitals of India in New Delhi, I could not underwent the real process of
detoxification until July / August 2013. Besides, at least couple of times PHC
has chased and intercepted and harassed us particularly at Nizamuddin and Asaf Ali Road areas of Delhi. Meanwhile, we are being devoid of fundamental right to
open-up a bank account (which according to Reserve Bank of India’s regulation can
be opened up).

We gave
sit-in outside Press Club of India and now we are giving indefinite sit-in at
Dharna Pardarshan, Jantar Mantar (which would continue until the issues are not
appropriately addressed by the concerned authorities. There are always possibilities
that Indian authorities may take some action, in which case we are thinking to
go to the Supreme Court of India, and in case of no justice, would opt for
petition with concerned component of United Nations).

Most of the
friends know that we were ousted from Pakistan by ISI and MI of Pakistan Army
due to our meaningful engagement with the social movements in Sindh, and to
some extent Balochistan around political rights, human rights violation of
Hindu and Christian minorities and landless peasantry. We were poisoned by the
above mention Pakistani agencies because:

(i)                We wrote in
some newspapers and website based in Nepal, India, Afghanistan and Hong Kong on
the above as well as other issues,
(ii)              We processed
a complaint against Pakistan at OHRC – UN, Geneva regarding ethnic cleansing in
Sindh and Hindu Exodus as well as some other issues.

The brief of these happening are briefly narrated in bellow given link of my article published
in

Truthout, USA: http://www.truth-out.org/speakout/item/19236-living-a-death

Besides,
thankfully some Indian newspapers, TV channels, magazines and websites have covered
the issue. Here are some selected links of the news:

The Statesman: http://www.thestatesman.net/news/22731-pak-couple-seeks-asylum.html?page=1

Times of
India: http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-10-24/delhi/43361517_1_activist-couple-pakistan-high-commission-nepal

Daily
Telegraph:
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1131023/jsp/nation/story_17482361.jsp#.UoX7DtJHK-k

Daily The
Northline: http://www.thenorthlines.com/newsdet.aspx?q=72694
Weekly Open
Magazine: http://www.openthemagazine.com/open-space/pleading-with-the-enemy

Merinews:
http://www.merinews.com/article/pakistani-rights-activists-accuse-their-high-commission-in-india-of-interfering-in-their-personal-lives/15891196.shtml

Daily Sahara
Samay:
http://www.samaylive.com/regional-news-in-hindi/ncr-news-in-hindi/235427/countless-atrocities-on-hindus-in-pakistan-by-isi-and-pakistan-s-military.html

Daily
Bhaskar: http://bollywood.bhaskar.com/article/MAT-UT-DEL-NEW-c-99-168986-NOR.html

Apart from the kind support of journalist
brothers and sisters, who allowed us to give sit-in beyond the tradition of the
club as well as of Delhi city, , it was kindness of some students of JNU and
Jamia Milya Islamia, representatives of some trade unions, activists of
political parties and employees of nearby private offices, members of Sikh and
Christian community, Kashmiri Pandits, Lawyers and anti-ethnic cleansing activists
from Tamil Nadu who visited our Dharna outside Press Club of India and showed
solidarity during one month long protest.

We hope our
struggle against the violation of our rights as well as intonations norms and
laws by Pakistan High Commission would prove fruitful.
Sincerely

Zulfiqar
Shah
Dharna Pardarshan, New Delhi, India
Mobile: +918376876614

Ex-Executive
Director of involuntarily closed down The Institution for Social Movements,
Pakistan

Author of ‘Beyond
Federalism: A socio-political treatise on Sindhi nationalism in India
(1843-1947) and Pakistan (1947-2012)
http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Federalism-Zulfiqar-Shah/dp/3659464341

Details of
Activism and published works: http://shahzulf.wordpress.com