[Reader-list] KASHMIR BEFORE OUR EYES - A FESTIVAL OF FILMS ON KASHMIR, New Delhi

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Tue Sep 24 08:54:07 CDT 2013

TheSchool of Arts and Aesthetics
and
TheCentre for English Studies
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Present
KASHMIRBEFORE OUR EYES - A FESTIVAL OF FILMS ON KASHMIR
Films, Photographs, Readings,Discussions
Courtesy FDZONE, Mumbai

SAA Auditorium, JNU, New Delhi
September 27, 2013 to September29, 2013

Curated by: Ajay Raina, PankajRishi Kumar, Siddhartha Gigoo

Detailed Schedule below:

Time

Theme / Films / Discussions

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2013

9:30  am - 10:30 am

Inauguration by  Prof. Sudha Pai,  Rector, JNU followed  by
Before My Eyes - Mani Kaul (24 mins)

10.30  am - 11.00 am

Tea  Break

11:00  am - 1:30 pm

Nationalist Discourse

Diary of an Aggression – NVK Murthy (23 min)
Aatish-e-Chinar (Urdu) – Zul Vellani (60 min)

Panel  discussion –Mohita Bhatia, Ashraf Bhat and Dilip Simeon

1:30  pm - 2:30 pm

Lunch  Break

2:30  pm - 5:00 pm

Exile and Displacement

23 Winters - Rajesh S Jala (30 mins)
The Last Day -  Siddhartha  Gigoo (13 mins)
Tell Them, The Tree They Had Planted Has Now Grown – Ajay Raina (58 mins)

Kaushik  Bhaumik in conversation with Rajesh Jala, Siddhartha Gigoo and Ajay Raina

5:00  pm - 5:30 pm

Tea  Break

5:30  pm –  7:00 pm

Readings  and a Panel Discussion moderated by GJV Prasad. Authors: Siddhartha Gigoo,  Rahul Pandita and Chandrakanta

7.00  pm - 9.00 pm

Harud  -  Aamir Bashir (100 mins)
Ajay  Raina in conversation with Aamir Bashir

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2013

10:30  am - 1.00 pm

Longing for Freedom

Jashn-e-Azadi – Sanjay Kak (146 mins)

1:00  pm –  2:00 pm

Lunch  Break

 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Women In Conflict

Waiting - Atul and Shabnam Ara (30 mins)
Where Have You Hidden My Crescent Moon – Iffat Fatima (30 mins)
Autumn's Final Country – Sonia Jabbar (66 mins)

Veena  Hariharan in conversation with Atul, Iffat Fatima and Sonia Jabbar

5:00  pm - 5:30 pm

Tea  Break

5:30  pm - 7:30 pm

Rizwan - Deepti Khurana (15 mins)
Inshallah Kashmir– Ashwin Kumar (88 mins)

Ashraf  Bhat in conversation with Inshah Malik

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2013

10.30  am - 1.30 pm

 Kashmiriyat

Man Faqiri– M K Raina (60 mins)
Pather Chu Zaeri (The Play Is On)– Pankaj Rishi Kumar (47 mins)

Ira  Bhaskar in conversation with MK Raina

1:30  pm -2:30 pm

Lunch  Break

2:30  pm - 5:30 pm

Marginalisation

Floating Lamp In A Shadow Valley – Rajesh S Jala  (60 mins)
Apour Ti Yapour. Na Jang Na Aman. Yeti Chu Talukpeth (Between the fence and the border,  On edge of a map) – Ajay Raina (78 mins)

Akhil  Katyal in conversation with the filmmakers Rajesh Jala and Ajay Raina

5:30  pm –  6:00 pm

Tea  Break

6:00  pm –  7:15 pm

Kashmir  Before Our Eyes–Navnita Behera in conversation with  photographer Amit Mehra (Author of ‘Kashmir’ published by Penguin), Curators  Ajay Raina and Siddhartha Gigoo and Panelist Happymon Jacob.

7:15  pm

Vote  of Thanks - GJV Prasad

7.30  -  9:00  pm

Closing  Film - Valley of Saints -  Musa Sayeed   (82 mins)

- Rohit
Rohit Rellan
New Delhi

Follow me on TWITTER: twitter.com/rohitrellan
Be my friend on FACEBOOK:http://www.facebook.com/rohit.rellan
Skype :rohitrellan