[Reader-list] Translation of book on Naxalite era

V Ramaswamy rama.sangye at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 03:34:27 CDT 2014

Dear Friends,

I was selecetd for the SARAI City as Studio fellowship, 2013. I had proposed to: (1) translate the Bengali book “Shottorer Dinguli” by Debashis Bhattacharya, a journalist and former Naxalite activist; (2) print a limited number of copies of the translation; and (3) organise a public panel discussion on a suitable theme to mark the publication.

Owing to a personal bereavement, my work on the Sarai fellowship was delayed. I finally managed to complete the translation of the book in January 2014. This was published in Kolkata in January, as "Those Days”.

A public panel discussion on the theme "Naxalism and its Future” was organised on 24 January 2014, at the Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata. Participating in the panel discussion were Santosh Rana, Pradip Bannerjee, Krishna Bandyopadhyay, Debashis Bhattacharya and Rajat Roy. The discussion was moderated by Sibaji Pratim Basu.

"Those Days”, priced at Rs 100, is available from me.

I intend to upload the audio recording of the panel discussion on DropBox, to make it accessible to interested persons.

With best wishes and regards,

V Ramaswamy
Kolkata