[Reader-list] My stance in ongoing protest and the news published in daily The Hindu

Zulfiqar Shah shahzulf at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 08:19:01 CST 2014

Dear Friends:

I am grateful to Madhu ji, the Delhi scribe of daily The Hindu for considering me to ask about the developments regarding our ongoing protest in India; however I haven't said for submitting request to Pakistan High Commission in Delhi.

I have already been recognized a refugee by the United Nations High Commission on Refugees (UNHCR) , which now needs to be adopted by any willing country around the world, except that of Nepal.

I haven't said that a request on my behalf be submitted with the Pakistani High Commission. I can not think for even 'requesting' Pakistani establishment that has committed serious and heinous crimes against humanity in Sindh and Balochistan and, has unlawfully ousted me from Pakistan, persecuted and poisoned me in Nepal and interfered in my affairs including my medical treatment and harassed me in India.

What I am demanding is that since I am already a refugee recognized by the UNHCR, India should stop or stop facilitating Pakistan's harassment and persecution of us in India as per international law, besides following the various clauses of the Constitution of India particularly its chapter III and most specifically article 21.

I am thankful that Madhu sought my opinion and Daily The Hindu considered to publish about our issue, but to be very honest a few Indian media houses has dared as yet to publish my full opinion.

I am in fact thankful to the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) India that have given directions to the concerned authorities for resolving my issue with 8 weeks. NHRC gave its decision some 10 weeks ago; however I haven't heard regarding that from the Indian authorities as yet.

Any ways, this was just meant to clarify the facts. Here is the link of the news:

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-newdelhi/india-should-show-its-largeheartedness-on-rday/article5619182.ece

Regards,

Zulfiqar Shah
New Delhi, India