[Reader-list] Public meeting on free speech and expression

Asit Das asit1917 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 04:56:43 CDT 2014

Public meeting on free speech and expression

 <http://www.change.org/u/106625265>
25 Jun 2014 — Dear Friends,

Over three decades ago our fundamental freedoms and democratic rights came
under attack with the Emergency. Today, once again these values enshrined
in our Constitution are under grave danger.

In light of recent incidents where free speech and expression of various
individuals and groups have come under assault, and to reaffirm our
commitment to these constitutional values, Jan Awaaz is organizing a public
meeting from 4-6 pm at Jantar Mantar on the 26th of June 2014.

We will gather together to pledge to protect constitutional democracy
through discussion, art, theater and music and to be aware of the threats
and dangers to our democracy. The following speakers have confirmed their
presence: Justice Sachar, Kuldip Nayar, Aruna Roy, Wajahat Habibullah,
Annie Raja, Harsh Mander, Ravi Nair, Praful Bidwai, Achin Vanaik, Paranjoy
Guha Thakurta, Dr. Suman Sahai and Akhil Katyal.

For further details contact: Rohit- 9999353925, Manu- 7838904738