[Reader-list] Gentle reminder: Readers' मजलिस: Celebrating लोकशाही in South Asia- 3rd May, 2014 @Paradigm Shift Cafe Bangalore.

Kabir Khan kabirkhan1989 at gmail.com
Fri May 2 01:46:37 CDT 2014

Readers' मजलिस: Celebrating लोकशाही in South
Asia<https://www.facebook.com/events/627895427304843/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming&source=1>

Paradigm Shift <https://www.facebook.com/paradigmshiftvegan> is delighted
to invite you for a discussion themed on 'Celebrating लोकशाही in South
Asia'.
For the first time in the history of mankind all South Asian nation- states
are having democratic governments.
>From Afghanistan to Myanmar people have defied bullet and elected
governments through ballot.
It is also the time when we are seeing a major rise in fanaticism where
many ideological forces like Taliban, fanatic Islamists, Hindutva movement
and militant Buddhist majoritarian ideology are all set to take over the
democratic spaces.
It is our hope that nascent democracies of South Asia will pass through
this tough phase by democratizing themselves further.
To celebrate the democracies in South Asia we are going to have Mr. Tahir
Mehdi - journalist working with
dawn.com<https://www.facebook.com/dawndotcom> who
has written extensively about South Asian affairs particularly Pakistan,
Afghanistan and India. Vegan Cookies and lemon tea shall be waiting for
you! Do Join!
To know more about Mr. Tahir's political opinions you can click on
https://www.dawn.com/authors/510/tahir-mehdi<https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dawn.com%2Fauthors%2F510%2Ftahir-mehdi&h=4AQHEzTDd&enc=AZNZxtepyYVMi9mfNlAdgQw9ltPDeJIElJHmI9qjqM8MUwt69TANySwmzFuTjAbg9ME&s=1>