[Reader-list] JOINT PROTEST DHARNA AGAINST THE ARRESTING OF G.N.SAIBABA

Asit Das asit1917 at gmail.com
Fri May 30 06:29:33 CDT 2014

*Invitation to Organisations and Individuals*

*JOINT PROTEST DHARNA*

*AGAINST THE ARRESTING OF G.N.SAIBABA*

*To,*

…………………………………………………………………*.………*

*Friends,*

More than a dozen progressive and democratic organizations are
organizing a*Protest
Dharna on 31**st** May, 2014 (11 AM to 2 PM) at Jantar Mantar, Delhi*,
against the arbitrary arresting of Prof. G.N. Saibaba by Maharashtra
Police. Through this united programme, we are also protesting state
repression, going on different progressive and democratic movements. We are
demanding from the new central govt. to repeal UAPA and other draconian
acts, which are being used frequently, against the struggling progressive
and democratic forces of India. We will submit a Memorandum to the Home
Minister of India, consisting of all these demands.

We, sincerely, appeal to you to join the Protest Dharna and extend your
active support in the united struggle against ongoing state repression on
people’s movements.

*Participating Organizations:*

*All India Federation of Trade Unions (New), All India Student’s
Association*, *Bigul Majdur Dasta, Blind Worker’s Union, Inkalabi Majdur
Kendra, Majdur Ekata Kendra, Mehnatkash Majdur Morcha, People’s Union for
Democratic Rights*,* People’s Democratic Front of India, Pratidhvani,
Sanhati, Delhi,*

*Students For Resistance*,* Viplav Sanskritic Manch and others*