[Reader-list] Gentle Reminder: Events this weekend @Paradigm Shift, Bangalore: Climate सत्संग, Reader's मजलिस & Seva Cafe

Kabir Khan kabirkhan1989 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 02:50:56 CST 2014

*Events this weekend: *

*15th November, 2014-19:00- Climate सत्संग: [Screening] Eco Dharma by
Malgorzata*

*15th November, 2014- 20:00-  Reader's मजलिस: Meandering through Queer
Texts*

*16th November, 2014- 13:00- Seva Cafe*

*Details below: *

Climate सत्संग: [Screening] Eco Dharma by Malgorzata Skiba
<https://www.facebook.com/events/967601223257237/?ref=22&source=1>

Whenever there is a discussion on "Biodiversity Conversation", reference to
Bishnoi Community is always made. From Govt. of India negotiators in
recently held Conference of Parties 12 for Convention on Biological
Diversity to environment science lecturers and passionate environment
crusaders all talk about Bishnois. At times we have a tendency to
romanticize their efforts. Yes, their passion to conserve wild-life need to
be appreciated. But there is more to the story of Bishnois.
Bishnois like all other communities in India are struggling to cope up with
the emerging modernity. They are yet to move beyond their patriarchal
mindsets where interactions are dictated by 'the men of the house."
To celebrate the environment conservation work as well as delve deeper in
sociological realm of Bishnois, we invite you for screening of -Eco Dharma
directed by Malgorzata Skiba.

About the film: This film is a story of dedication and sacrifice of
Bishnois community, the oldest practicing environmentalists of India from
Western Rajasthan to whom the preservation of wildlife and forest is a
religion. From XV century they effectively continue their sacred duty of
protecting the environment.

Awards:
First Prize, Golden Dear, Short Film category in
ECOFILMS Film Festival 2006, Greece, Rodos

Merit Award for Cultural Information & Merit
Award for Cinematography, 29th Annual
International Wildlife Film Festival, Montana, USA