[Reader-list] Climate crisis: An appeal to the governments of Pakistan and India

Kabir Khan kabirkhan1989 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 07:53:28 CDT 2014

Climate crisis: An appeal to the governments of Pakistan and India
<http://www.dawn.com/news/1133208/climate-crisis-an-appeal-to-the-governments-of-pakistan-and-india>
By Rina Saeed Khan <http://www.dawn.com/authors/822/rina-saeed-khan> | Kabir
Arora <http://www.dawn.com/authors/3498/>

With Jammu and Kashmir inundated and Punjab in Pakistan flooded, the time
bomb is ticking away. Climate change has been declared to be the greatest
threat facing mankind this century.

South Asian countries such as Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Sri
Lanka, Maldives, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar are all vulnerable today.

We have not yet resolved the basic issues of poverty, hunger and
inequality, which breed discontent and terrorism. And in these troubling
times, we are forced to face the brunt of extreme weather events because of
growing climate variability.

Recent scientific research shows near to virtual certainty of linkages
between climate change and extreme weather events.Continued here
<http://www.dawn.com/news/1133208/climate-crisis-an-appeal-to-the-governments-of-pakistan-and-india>

Also do fill the survey sheet in the piece.
Regards

कबीर/کبیر

Phone:00-91-96-63-427-315

email: kabirkhan1989 at gmail.com