[Reader-list] The Saddest Weeks In The Environmental History Of India

Kabir Khan kabirkhan1989 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 02:07:13 CDT 2014

The Saddest Weeks In The Environmental History Of India
<http://www.youthkiawaaz.com/2014/09/climate-change-india-modi/>

Mr. Modi’s recent speech
<http://www.youthkiawaaz.com/2014/09/narendra-modi-something-indian-politician-done/>,
which received a standing ovation from the Indian delegation in a largely
empty United Nations General assembly, is a representation of our
collective ignorance. The popularly elected Prime Minister hinted that yoga
is a way to mitigate climate change. One is not sure whether he was
ridiculing the threat of climate change or mocking the ancient science of
Yoga. This is not the first time Mr. Modi has shown his ignorance about
climate change. His past statements are well documented where he declared
<http://www.youthkiawaaz.com/2014/09/exposing-hypocrisy-modi-government-environmental-issues/>
that
climate is not changing, our lifestyle is.

A request out of utter humour was posted on the Indian Youth Climate Network
<https://www.facebook.com/iycngroup?ref=ts&fref=ts> Page – *“Our sincere
requests to our ‘popular’ Prime Minister- please don’t make unnecessary
linkages. Yoga is good for health but definitely not a strategy of
mitigating climate change. Changing in lifestyle as you stated is needed
and should start from your own very self, maybe you should learn from your
counterpart in Uruguay. Too much to ask for, is it?!”* received absurd

Many of them actually made connections between yoga and climate change
mitigation. According to one of the commentator, yoga helps to still the
mind, and that ways we can face climate change. Most people who read it
were not able to make any sense of it. It shows our collective ignorance
and failure of scientific understanding. Continued here.....
<http://www.youthkiawaaz.com/2014/09/climate-change-india-modi/>
Regards

कबीर/کبیر

Phone:00-91-96-63-427-315