[Reader-list] Relief under water

Zulfiqar Shah shahzulf at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 28 02:12:57 CDT 2014

Apologies for cross-posting:

It was in 2010 that a great flood in South Asia inundated plains and valleys on both sides of the Indus River. We took initiatives to give maximum relief to the population hit by the disaster in the Sindh and Balochistan provinces in Pakistan, which was our intervention area as civil society actors. On our request, Kanak Mani Dixit together with the South Asian Trust based in Nepal established the Indus Flood Relief Fund in Kathmandu. We were also supported by other South Asians as well as by the American Jewish World Service.

My article, 'Relief under water' in daily The Kathmandu, Post, Nepal

http://www.ekantipur.com/the-kathmandu-post/2014/09/27/free-the-words/relief-under-water/268024.html

Regards,

Zulfiqar Shah
www.zulfiqarshah.com