[Reader-list] Fwd: 17th Edition of FD Zone Delhi screeing

Amit Mahanti amit.mahanti at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 13:19:27 CDT 2015

Apologies for cross-posting...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: FDZ Delhi <fdzone.delhi at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 9:34 PM
Subject: 17th Edition of FD Zone Delhi screeing

*FD Zone Delhi Screening*

* on Monday, April 27th, 2015, 7 p.m.*

* Stein Auditorium, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi*

In the April 2015 edition of FD Zone Delhi, we will be screening OUR
METROPOLIS, a film by Gautam Sonti and Usha Rao. This will be a premier of
the film in Delhi. The screening will be followed by a discussion with the
filmmakers.

*Synopsis*
Bangalore is being refashioned as a 'world-class' metropolis. Livelihoods
and homes make way for flyovers, glitzy malls and a shiny Metro. Threatened
with violent transformation of their city, residents confront the
authorities. Beneath the State's ideal of a 'global' city lurks the intent
to clear a pasture for big business.

*Directors*
Gautam Sonti and Usha Rao

*Producers*
Gautam Sonti and Usha Rao

*Year of production*
2014

*Language/s*
English, Kannada, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu

*Subtitles*
English

*Format*
Video, Colour

*Duration*
87 minutes

*About the filmmakers*

Gautam Sonti's earlier series of short films, Coding Culture, is a critical
examination of the experience of globalisation within the microcosm of a
hi-tech workplace in Bangaloree. Our Metropolis, his first feature-length
documentary film, extends this theme to the entire city.

Usha Rao is a cultural anthropologist with an interest in the anthropology
of cities. She has been studying the transformation of Bangalore over the
past decade. In particular, she is interested in understanding the effects
of of the 'global city' discourse on the lives of people and the cityscape.

View trailer:
https://vimeo.com/87179395
<https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fvimeo.com%2F87179395&h=7AQG5NZpu&enc=AZPfsdBNxH7HBskQo0_0EFdACrcEQf0grJRrLQKU-zIWk-3fKkzm13L9QXiLCVD_n6c&s=1>
 <https://fdzonedelhi.wordpress.com/2015/02/26/our-metropolis/>