[Reader-list] Climate change, ISIS and Economy of Common Good

Kabir Khan kabirkhan1989 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 03:17:52 CST 2015

*Climate change, ISIS and Economy of Common Good*

*Rishab Khanna**

What if I said that the floods in Chennai, crazy storm in Sweden, and the
upsurges in the Middle East have only one long-time solution?

Some might say that this is absurd, but I believe that not being able to
see the connections and the systemic loopholes is absurd.  Untamed thirst
for natural resources, coupled with excessive carbon emissions, has created
major crises in many of the economies.

It is no surprise that the developing countries and especially Least
Developed Countries have most to lose. The developed countries have been
built on the colonial past, during which they not only exploited resources
of the developing countries, but also left a lasting imprint on the social
and ecological systems, in a way that has continued the neocolonial
exploitation.  Many of the developing countries have been controlled
through dictatorial regimes which have been often imposed on them by the
west.

According to my colleague Peter Riddle
<https://www.facebook.com/peterjriddell/posts/10153735077632020>, “Whenever
we (the Western coalition) have supported a particular group in West Asia
to counter another group, that group has become a monster. We supported
Israel, and that alienated the whole Arab and Muslim world. We supported
the Taliban in Afghanistan to oust the Soviets, and it became Al-Qaeda,
which spawned ISIS”.

However, the G20, or the group of developed nations refused to take
responsibility of the historical debt, at the same time, they continue to
misguide the world with the arbitrary figure of the GDP. Do more products
and services in the economy mean a better life, improvement in the
ecological system? Not  necessarily. On the contrary, it could mean more
war and increase in destruction of natural resources.  No wonder most
countries do not want to stop climate change, or stop the oil trade with
ISIS, as it affects the GDP of our world.* Continued here...*
<https://whatswiththeclimate.wordpress.com/2015/12/22/climate-change-isis-and-economy-of-common-good/>
Regards

कबीर/کبیر

Phone:00-91-96-63-427-315