[Reader-list] Gente Reminder- For tomorrow: Readers मजलिस: Celebrating Faiz Ahmed Faiz & Agha Shahid Ali- Date: 08/02/2015; Time: 1830 @ Paradigm Shift

Kabir Khan kabirkhan1989 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 07:34:18 CST 2015

*Readers मजलिस: Celebrating Faiz Ahmed Faiz & Agha Shahid Ali
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1535848823361610/?ref=22&source=1>*

"At a certain point I lost track of you.
They make a desolation and call it peace.
When you left even the stones were buried:
The defenceless would have no weapons."- Agha Shahid Ali

"The birds that herald dreams
were exiled from their song,
each voice torn out of its throat.
They dropped into the dust
even before the hunter strung his bow..."- Faiz Ahmed Faiz

It's the month of February, the season of spring- two poets bloomed in this
month- one in Sialkot and other in New Delhi, one wrote about the pain
agony of the oppressed, other talked about those who were forced to live in
exile in their homeland. They both shared the langauge of poems and one
translated the other. At Paradigm Shift we shall be celebrating the works
of both Masters of poetry- Faiz Ahmed Faiz & Agha Shahid Ali in the month
of their descent.