[Reader-list] "If It Be Now - Fragments and Impressions of Hamlet", a solo performance by Arka Mukhopadhyay @Paradigm Shift, tomorrow: 19:00

Kabir Khan kabirkhan1989 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 21:46:12 CST 2015

The Arshinagar Project, Kolkata and Paradigm Shift present "If It Be Now -
Fragments and Impressions of Hamlet", a solo performance devised and
performed by Arka Mukhopadhyay

This performance celebrates the body in its loneliness - the solitary being
facing an unresponsive universe, searching for wholeness, searching for
home.

The piece is based on works by Boris Pasternak, Heiner Muller, Jan Kott and
others, as well as original writing and Shakespeare's play. Combining
elements of structured action and improvisation, it looks, not for meaning
or a message, but at experience - at an utterly human Hamlet, trapped
inside a prison of words, giving birth to him in the immediacy of the now,
responding as much to the physical space and the presence of the watchers,
as to the universe of Hamlet. In effect, this is a passion play that tries
to find illumination out of darkness.

The performance has violent images and nudity, hence viewer discretion is
advised. It is open only to those above 18 years of age.

Duration: 50 min approx