[Reader-list] [Sarai] Social Media Fellowship-First Post

The Sarai Programme dak at sarai.net
Mon Jun 8 02:31:05 CDT 2015

Dear all,

The Sarai Programme is committed to developing a public architecture for
creating knowledge and creative communities. In keeping with this
commitment, we seek to develop a community of scholars, writers and
practitioners who are motivated to make the materials and outcome of
research available for public access and circulation, with the
understanding that an imaginative engagement with social experience will be
best fostered by a sharing of information, ideas, research materials and
resources. We see our system of Short Term Research Projects as a resource
that will be built on by many people working whether individually or in
groups, but with a sense of collective endeavour and public purpose.

Please find below the first posts of our Social Media Fellows for the 2015
cycle-

Mrinalika Roy, 'Khabar Lahariya: Rural Empowerment Goes Digital'
http://sarai.net/khabar-lahariya-rural-empowerment-goes-digital/

Charu Maithani, 'Imago Aevitas-Brief Introduction to the Genesis of the
Project'
http://sarai.net/imago-aevitas-brief-introduction-to-the-genesis-of-the-project/

Pallavi Paul, 'Video Forensics: Post 1'
http://sarai.net/video-forensics-post-1/

Slipa Mukherjee,  'Lovely*Interfaces: The Many Lives of the Item Number in
Social and Digital Media'
http://sarai.net/lovely-interfaces-the-many-lives-of-the-item-number-in-social-and-digital-media/

Smarika Kumar, 'Law's Role in the Development of the Internet'
http://sarai.net/laws-role-in-development-of-the-internet/

Abhija Ghosh, 'Afterlife of the Nineties Romantic Film Song in the Virtual
Public Sphere'
http://sarai.net/afterlife-of-the-nineties-romantic-film-song-in-the-virtual-public-sphere/