[Reader-list] Public Discussion on Censorship & Patriarchal Discourse on Rape Culture- Date: 11th March, 2015, Time: 19:00 @ Paradigm Shift

Kabir Khan kabirkhan1989 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 09:30:04 CST 2015

Public Discussion on Censorship & Patriarchal Discourse on Rape Culture-
Date: 11th March, 2015, Time: 19:00 @ Paradigm Shift
<http://paradigmshift.org.in/posts/public-discussion-on-censorship-patriarchal-discourse-on-rape-culture/>

To oppose the mindless censorship of our regressive political class and
social actors, we at Paradigm Shift had decided to host the public
screening of the documentary film 'India's Daughters' on the coming Friday.
We believe that instead of shunning the discourse on rape from public
memory we should come together and talk about it.
But it seems that the people out there are not very comfortable with the
given conversations and we had to take this hard decision of canceling the
screening of "India's Daughters." and host a discussion on the issue of
Censorship and Patriarchal Discourse on Rape and Sexual Violence instead.

We were forced to take this decision after Police Cops visited our premises
and asked us to cancel the screening. We don't want to be silenced and will
share what we feel on the coming Wednesday. Do come and be a part of
protest against the censorship of Banana Republic. Last but not least we
will do it the Iranian way.