[Reader-list] Scream the word 'Lesbian' & Slam the Censor Board: Date- 14th March, 2015; Time- 18:30 @ Paradigm Shift

Kabir Khan kabirkhan1989 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 10:23:27 CDT 2015

Scream the word 'Lesbian' & Slam the Censor Board: Date- 14th March, 2015;
Time- 18:30 @ Paradigm Shift

Censor Board of India has asked the film-makers of Dum Laga Ke Haisha to
mute the word "lesbian" in the movie. We cannot take this censorship regime
anymore, as a result we at Paradigm Shift have decided to scream the word
'lesbian' out and loud by screening the film 'Forbidden Love: The Unashamed
Love Stories of Lesbian Lives' to slam the decision of Censor Board.

About the movie: Ten women, most of them in Vancouver or Toronto, talk
about being lesbian in the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s: discovering the pulp
fiction of the day about women in love, their own first affairs, the pain
of breaking up, frequenting gay bars, facing police raids, men's responses,
and the etiquette of butch and femme roles. Interspersed among the
interviews and archival footage are four dramatized chapters from a pulp
novel, "Forbidden Love".

Do join us for the screening and registering protest against the regressive
behavior Censor Board of India.