[Reader-list] Celebrating one year of Paradigm Shift with Pride- Date: 15th March, 2015, Time- 18:30 @ Paradigm Shift

Kabir Khan kabirkhan1989 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 10:01:27 CDT 2015

Celebrating one year of Paradigm Shift with Pride- Date: 15th March, 2015,
Time- 18:30 @ Paradigm Shift

Dear Patrons, Friends and others

We at Paradigm Shift are proud and excited to announce the celebration of
our Foundation Day! :-) We will be celebrating 'One Year of Paradigm Shift'
with screening of the movie 'Pride'.

Summary of the movie: Its the summer of 1984 Margaret Thatcher is in power
and the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) is on strike. At the Gay Pride
March in London, a group of gay and lesbian activists decides to raise
money to support the families of the striking miners. But there is a
problem. The Union seems embarrassed to receive their support.

But the activists are not deterred. They decide to ignore the Union and go
direct to the miners. They identify a mining village in deepest Wales and
set off in a mini bus to make their donation in person. And so begins the
extraordinary story of two seemingly alien communities who form a
surprising and ultimately triumphant partnership.

We chose to screen the movie 'Pride' as it represents the
inter-sectionality and celebrates solidarity amongst social movements.
Those resembles our values and beliefs at Paradigm Shift.