[Reader-list] TOMORROW March 17 | From Gulf to Gulf to Gulf | at Dr. Bhau Daji Lad Museum| Special Screening

Shaina A kalakamra at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 02:37:26 CDT 2015

Dear All,

We would like to invite you to a special evening walk through of *"Country
of the Sea" *the exhibition, followed by a screening of the film *"From
Gulf to Gulf to Gulf". *

There will be tea and snacks and a Q and A. Please do join us, your
feedback is much appreciated.

Warmly,
Shaina Anand, Ashok Sukumaran, Sreya Chatterjee
rsvp: s at studio.camp

Trailer: https://vimeo.com/90922097
film: http://indiancine.ma/BBRJ/info

Where: Dr. Bhau Daji Lad Museum
When 6:00 pm. Tuesday 17th March, 2015.

*About Country of the Sea*
Dr. Bhau Daji Lad Museum presents the third edition of Mumbai based
collaborative studio *CAMP’s* 4-part solo *As If (I-IV).*

*As If – III: Country of the Sea* is a survey of CAMP’s five-year Wharfage
project and other maritime explorations including the city premiere of
their new film *From Gulf to Gulf to Gulf* as a central
cinematic experience. In other spaces we find labour deep inside
containers, guards filming the sea instead of watching the coast, lists
arguing with lists, photographs of photographs, and a new floating map
titled “The Country of the Sea”. The show presents eight works done over
six years with many others, suggesting a range of counterpoints to the
colonial view as the only "view from the boat” and also to the contemporary
“liquidity” and "flow" of oceanic capital.

http://www.bdlmuseum.org/exhibitions/2015/country-of-the-sea-camp.html

*About From Gulf to Gulf to Gulf *
a film by CAMP

*2013*
*83 minutes **Original format(s): HDV, SDV, VHS, Cellphone videos
(variable)*

*From Gulf to Gulf to Gulf i*s a result of four years of dialogue,
friendship and exchange between CAMP and a group of
sailors from the Gulf of Kutch. Their travels, and those of
co-seafarers from Pakistan and Southern Iran, through the Persian and Aden
Gulfs show us a world cut into many pieces, not easily bridged by
nostalgics or nationalists. Instead, we follow the physical crossings made
by these groups of people who make and sail boats. And who also make
videos, sometimes with songs married to them.
This is the films first city run.

--
camputer.org
pad.ma