[Reader-list] Informal Waste Workers of Bengaluru Cooking Food for All! @ Paradigm Shift- 10/04/2015. Time- 12:30PM

Kabir Khan kabirkhan1989 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 00:46:10 CDT 2015

Informal Waste Workers of Bengaluru Cooking Food for All! @ Paradigm Shift-
10/04/2015. Time- 12:30PM
<http://wastenarratives.com/2015/05/04/informal-waste-workers-of-bengaluru-cooking-food-for-all-paradigm-shift-10042015-time-1230pm/>

Seva Cafe at Paradigm Shift with informal waste workers from Hasiru Dala
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1646063545613428/>

Seva Café is an experiment in the shared joy that comes from humble giving
and selfless service. As we serve, we internalize the mantra of “Atithi
Devo Bhava” which translates to “The Guest is God,” a deep and ancient
Indian view that honours each guest with reverence.

In our continuous endeavour in spreading the message of Seva, Seva Cafe and
Paradigm Shift Restaurant invites you all to its unique Seva Cafe as
guests. We are organising Seva Cafe with Waste Pickers from Hasiru Dala as
Volunteers. They are going to cook, serve and entertain all of you. Please
join us in good numbers and encourage them.

The funds raised by the event will be donated to Hasiru Dala to support the
education of the children of informal waste workers.

About Hasiru Dala

Hasiru Dala, which means “Green Force” was formed in 2011 and is a
membership based organization of waste-pickers, a majority of whom are
women, in Bangalore, India.

What do they do?

– To create recognition for the contribution of waste pickers in diverting
waste from landfills, thereby identifying them as ‘green-workers’.

– To secure the benefits of social security, improved working conditions
and continued access to waste for waste pickers.

– To provide opportunities for the children of waste pickers to pursue
further education.

For more details you can either write to paradigmshiftbangalore at gmail.com,
call +919663427315 or visit our website: http://www.paradigmshift.org.in,
http://www.hasirudala.in, http://www.wastenarratives.com.