[Reader-list] Gentle Reminder for tomorrow: चाय with सावरकर: Reading Through The Notes Of A Nationalist Who Was Not Patriot- 29th May, 2015 @19:00- Paradigm Shift

Kabir Khan kabirkhan1989 at gmail.com
Thu May 28 07:46:22 CDT 2015

चाय with सावरकर: Reading Through The Notes Of A Nationalist Who Was Not
Patriot- 29th May, 2015 @19:00- Paradigm Shift
<http://paradigmshift.org.in/posts/event/%E0%A4%9A%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%AF-with-%E0%A4%B8%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%B5%E0%A4%B0%E0%A4%95%E0%A4%B0-reading-through-the-notes-of-a-nationalist-who-was-not-patriot-29th-may-2015-1900/?instance_id=279>

Wikipedia page of Vinayak Damodar Savarkar states that Savarkar “was an
Indian pro-independence activist”, according to many he was everything
other than being pro-independence activist.

Even now his confusing legacy is haunting our socio-political framework.
With the successors of Savarkar at the helm of governance, there are long
speeches being drafted to ‘celebrate Savarkar and his contribution in
freedom struggle’.

In such times of ours it is essential to place Savarkar back in discussion
and try to read him through his notes and ideas. He was a self proclaimed
atheist who took up the cause of a faith based movement, wrote a letter for
clemency to British Masters and last but not least was supposedly
responsible for the murder of Gandhi.

Should we celebrate him and his deeds? These are the questions which we are
going to ask on his birth anniversary (actually a day later) at Paradigm
Shift <https://www.facebook.com/paradigmshiftvegan> by reading the letter
for mercy written by Savarkar and the journalistic findings of AG Noorani
and others.
Do come and bring your friends along! Lets re-look at history in the times
when it is being manipulated to satisfy communal agenda.