[Reader-list] Invitation to Workshop on "UIDAI and Welfare Services: Exclusion and Countermeasures", Bangalore, August 27

sumandro mail at ajantriks.net
Mon Aug 22 09:11:27 CDT 2016

Dear all,

Greetings from the Centre for Internet and Society!

We are organising a workshop on Saturday, August 27, in Bangalore to
discuss, raise awareness of, and devise countermeasures to exclusion due
to implementation of UID-based verification for and distribution of
welfare services.

We will begin at 10 am with quick updates from a previous workshop held
in Delhi, followed by a round table on how implementation of UID-based
transactions are leading, and part of, a reconfiguration of welfare
governance in India. After lunch, we will discuss the present status of
ongoing cases, and possible strategies to counter welfare exclusions.

The workshop will be held at the Institution of Agricultural
Technologists, No. 15, Queen’s Road, Bangalore, 560 052.

Location on Google Map:
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Institution+of+Agricultural+Technologists/>.

We keenly look forward to your participation at the workshop.

A quick RSVP to <ajoy at cis-india.org> will be much appreciated.

Invitation:
<http://cis-india.org/internet-governance/files/uidai-and-welfare-services-exclusion-and-countermeasures/at_download/file>

Warm regards,