[Reader-list] An Urgent Need for the Right to Privacy

sumandro sumandro at cis-india.org
Wed Mar 16 02:32:07 CDT 2016

Dear all,

Over the past few days we have been increasingly discussing our rights
to digital privacy as the government introduced a bill to give a legal
backing to Aadhaar.

In this context members of academia and civil society who have been
working on these issues for a long time have addressed an open letter to
the Union government.

I request you to kindly have a look and support it by signing it off on
the following link: <http://goo.gl/forms/hw4huFcc4b>.

Kindly also suggest if we can send it to someone you may specifically
have in mind. Do let us know if you have any ideas or thoughts on this.

Please feel free to share it with your colleagues and networks.

Thanks,

sumandro

Sumandro Chattapadhyay

Research Director