[Reader-list] Etihas.in video magazine - 4th issue, April 2016

Yousuf ysaeed7 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 21:13:55 CDT 2016

Etihas.in video magazine - 4th issue, April 2016

We are glad to bring you the fourth issue of Etihas.in, an online video magazine of history, arts and culture of India and South Asia. See http://etihas.in/magazine.html
Each month, Etihas.in features short videos containing interviews with experts, mini-documentaries, audio podcasts, and recordings of performing arts among many other items that we hope will entertain and inspire you.

In this April issue, we bring you the following short videos and segments:

1. The meaning of Patriotism/Nationalism - part 1 (Five songs)
Many scholars, artists and authors discuss (and celebrate) the concept of
Indian nationalism/patriotism in the wake of current political
challenges in India. This first section of videos features songs recited
by poets and theatre artists.
See these five new videos here: http://etihas.in/patriot-mar16.html

2. Guftam ke raushan az qamar - Amir Khusrau's ghazal performed by Rene Singh
Amir Khusrau Dehlavi is famous for his ghazals or love poems. Rene Singh
renders one of Khusrau's famous Persian ghazals in a stage performance
along with Syeda Hameed, Zakia Zaheer and other artists. Each line in
the poem is a dialogue between the poet and the beloved.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmbj4_jaabE

3. Cave and rock art in India - a list of online resources
Many locations within India and South Asia have brilliant examples of
ancient paintings and figures made on the walls inside caves or on rock
shelters. We provide here a collection of links and resources on India's
cave and rock art. See the list here: http://etihas.in/caveart.html

4. Featured video: Baolis or Step wells of India - historical water management
In our series of videos from outside Etihas.in, we feature a
mini-documentary film (produced by Wildlife Films) about the historical
step wells or baolis in India. Exquisitely carved step wells catering to
the water needs of the people can be found in different towns and
villages all over India.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEJUBVKUMQo

We welcome suggestions and contributions in the form of new content.
Etihas.in is a voluntary effort with no financial support currently, and
we would be very glad to receive your support to run this initiative.
Please watch and post these videos widely on social media. To get the
address of each video, you may right-click on the video screen and
choose "Copy video URL". Then you can paste the URL in your posts and
feeds anywhere, including email to friends. Please subscribe to the
online magazine by sending a request to etihaasin at gmail.com

Thanks

Etihas team

----