[Reader-list] Etihas.in video magazine - 5th issue, May 2016

Yousuf ysaeed7 at yahoo.com
Sun May 1 00:47:28 CDT 2016

Etihas.in video magazine - 5th issue, May 2016

We are glad to bring you the fifth issue of Etihas.in, an online video magazine of history, arts and culture of India and South Asia. This May 2016 issue features the following short videos and segments:

1. Cinema Etihas: Director Bimal Roy
Joy Bimal Roy, the director's son talks about his filmmaker father and his legendary films. The radio interview has been illustrated with archival images. See at http://etihas.in/bimalroy.html or https://youtube.com/watch?v=4RR_78hn_sE

2. The meaning of Patriotism/Nationalism - part 2 (talks)
Many scholars, artists and authors discuss the concept of Indian nationalism/patriotism in the wake of current challenges in India. Earlier, we features songs recited by poets and theatre artists, while this section contains short talks. See the four new videos here http://etihas.in/patriot-may16.html

3. Ustad Sharafat Ali Khan: Tarana in Farsi
>From our series of videos from the 'Khayal Darpan Archive', we bring you a short rendition of a farsi tarana by (late) Ustad Sharafat Ali Khan of Sham Chaurasi gharana. See the video here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=IGLkLEYbveA

4. Historical Maps of India/South Asia - online resources
Learning of history is incomplete without learning the location of historical events. Maps have been made since time immemorial. Here is a list of historical maps about India that can be found online. See the list at http://etihas.in/histmaps.html

We welcome suggestions and contributions in the form of new content. Since Etihas is currently a voluntary effort of a few individuals with no financial support, we would be very glad to receive your support to run this initiative. Please watch and post these videos widely on social media. To get the address of each video, you may right-click on the video screen and choose "Copy video URL". Then you can paste the URL in your posts and feeds anywhere, including email to friends. Please subscribe to the online magazine by sending a request to etihaasin at gmail.com

thanks

Etihas team

http://www.etihas.in