[Reader-list] (indiaclimatejustice) Five ‘Rs’ of Circular Economy- Reduce, Reuse, Refurbish, Repair and Recycle

Nagraj Adve nagraj.adve at gmail.com
Tue May 17 00:41:04 CDT 2016

The catch is in the first R - reduce. We live in an economic system based
on increase, not reduce. It's been on 3.5% growth since 1950, 1.6% a year
since 1700.
Nor does anyone I know among the middle/ upper middle class reduce their
consumption in even remotely a significant way, barring one or two at most.
In the global warming context I mean.
We need to talk about reduced incomes of the rich/ higher income and wealth
tax etc if we want to Reduce or any of the other R's that follow.
Nagraj