[Reader-list] (indiaclimatejustice) Five ‘Rs’ of Circular Economy- Reduce, Reuse, Refurbish, Repair and Recycle

Patrice Riemens patrice at xs4all.nl
Tue May 17 01:30:33 CDT 2016

Quite correct assessment, valid also for countries in the North, where
joining various 'R' schemes often looks like a playground for hipsters,
with not very much consideration given to impact and 'making mass'. So
you see all kinds of 'happy DIY citizens' starting/joining all kinds of
initiatives with the benediction (but little else) of the authorities
who then go on to capture the PR credits.
I am afraid much more is needed than tweeking the tax system (which the
corporates escape anyway ...). It's a complete social 9& hence
political/ economic) revolution which is in order. Together with
'Reduce', the most important thing I admit, I'd like to add 'Simplify'
and 'Slow Down'.

Cheerio, p+5D!