[Reader-list] (indiaclimatejustice) Five ‘Rs’ of Circular Economy- Reduce, Reuse, Refurbish, Repair and Recycle

Patrice Riemens patrice at xs4all.nl
Wed May 18 01:40:18 CDT 2016

Quite true, capitalism is indeed remarkably resilient and will absorb
any culture/idea that comes along, even when - especially when - it is
hostile to it (makes me think of a certain big country in S.Asia ... ;-)
Also we haven't seen yet any large-scale working alternative, and this
has a lot to do with the above. De-growth is very popular in certain
circles, and is probably the only working option, but it remains a
(tiny) minority movement, so much so that I fear for the survival of
those existing initiatives when the shit will hit the fan for real (Mad
Max scenarios, anyone?). So the main question remains: how to make mass?
And how to come to consensus about the way to achieve this. That is a
deeply political question in an age of non-politics ...
Cheers all the same, p+5D!