[Reader-list] Book discussions

Shiju Sam Varughese shijusam at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 01:02:30 CDT 2017

Dear friend,
We, the Kerala Modernity Studies Collective, is glad to invite you to a
discussion of the books, *Contested Knowledge: Science, Media, and
Democracy in Kerala
<https://india.oup.com/product/contested-knowledge-9780199469123?searchbox_input=shiju%20sam%20varughese>*
(Shiju
Sam Varughese, Oxford University Press, New Delhi, 2017) and Performance
and the Political: Power and Pleasure in Contemporary Kerala
<http://www.orientblackswan.com/BookDescription?isbn=978-93-86392-45-9&id=44&t=c>
(Ameet
Parameswaran, Orient Blackswan, Hyderabad, 2017) published this year by its
members. The publication of the paperback reprint (2017 September,
forthcoming) of our edited volume, *Kerala Modernity: Ideas, Spaces and
Practices in Transition
<http://www.orientblackswan.com/BookDescription?isbn=978-81-250-5722-2&t=e>*
(Orient
Blackswan, 2015), also makes it a special occasion.
The programme is on saturday afternoon (19th August) at the School of Arts
and Aesthetics (SAA) auditorium, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New
Delhi (2.30-7.00 pm).
*Panellists:* Dhruv Raina, Sukumar Muralidharan, and Carmel Christy (*Contested
Knowledge*);
Rustom Barucha, Udaya Kumar, Navaneetha Mokkil, and Soumyabrata
Choudhury (*Performance
and the Political).*

Please *click here *for details of the programme.
<https://sites.google.com/site/keralamodernity/events-and-news>

Looking forward to meeting you on saturday.
Thanks!

With best regards,
Arathi P.M., Rachel Varghese, and Satheese Chandra Bose (for Kerala
Modernity Studies Collective)