[Reader-list] Online Gods – A Podcast about Digital Cultures

Szakacs Janos janostheszakacs at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 17:10:00 CDT 2017

We are proud to announce the launch of Online Gods – A Podcast about
Digital Cultures <http://www.fordigitaldignity.com/onlinegods/>

How are digital interactions remoulding the public sphere in India and
elsewhere? What do online cultures and debates do to questions of faith,
the nation and belonging? How can anthropologists research the digital
world? How can we examine the digital by inhabiting the digital?

Online Gods is a monthly podcast on digital cultures and their political
ramifications, featuring lively conversations with scholars and activists.

Listen now to Episode 1: Big Data and The Ladies Finger
<http://www.fordigitaldignity.com/onlinegods/> featuring Ralph Schroeder
<https://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/ralph-schroeder/> and Nisha Susan
<http://theladiesfinger.com/author/nisha-susan/>.

Look out for a new episode of Online Gods on the last day of every
month. Coming up in Episode 2 - Angela Zito on media as religion and
Kuffir Nalgundwar on Dalit online activism

You can subscribe via RSS <http://onlinegods.libsyn.com/rss>, iTunes
<http://itms//itunes.apple.com/podcast/online-gods/id1268707636> or
Stitcher <http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=147092&refid=stpr>

Presented by anthropologist Ian Cook <https://cmds.ceu.edu/ian-m-cook>,
“Online Gods” is a key initiative of the ERC funded project ONLINERPOL
www.fordigitaldignity.com <http://www.fordigitaldignity.com/> led by
media anthropologist Sahana Udupa
<http://www.en.ethnologie.uni-muenchen.de/staff/professors/udupa/index.html> at
LMU Munich. It is co-hosted by the HAU Network for Ethnographic Theory
<https://www.haujournal.org/haunet/onlinegods.php>. Online Gods
represents our collective commitment to multimedia diffusion of research
in accessible and engaging formats.

You can follow the project on facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/For-Digital-Dignity-702872986567174/> and
twitter <https://twitter.com/4digitaldignity>