[Reader-list] Katha Utsav Details for Mentors

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Thu Nov 30 01:01:17 CST 2017

Hi

Greetings from Katha.

We will be having our “Katha Utsav, National Children Writers Festival” in Delhi  27- 29 December 2017

The venue finalised is Ridge Valley School Gurgaon.

About Katha Utsav-- The National Katha Utsav is a 3-day literary event for children, who get an opportunity to meet and be mentored by professional national and international writers, poets, illustrators and translators. The Utsav will reward students’ writing skills and showcase their works to publishers & literary agents via meetings and workshops at the event.

Objective-- Katha’s Search for Excellence in Creative Writing is designed to draw out the storyteller in every child and cultivates a culture of writing among young people. The event strives to bring the excitement of the printed word in this technology-driven era and revive the touch and feel of crisp paper and storybooks. It also strives to demonstrate the fact that using digital and printed books can go hand in hand and each segment has its unique and justified place in our ecosystem. The younger generation is extremely environment-conscious which is clearly reflected in their stories that are a result of their sensitive and innocent imagination. Through this event we help them transcend their imagination into positive action of giving back not only to the society but also to the environment that they live in.
The Utsav has a dedicated portal, where around 15000 stories are submitted every year through the on-the- spot Search for Excellence conducted in schools across India.

Key Responsibilities of Mentors --

We invite mentors from different backgrounds to train and encourage school children to develop their creative writing skills (in the form of poems, short stories, scripts or any other style)

Mentors design their workshop and have the liberty of using any props, plan activities and even move beyond classroom to make their workshop interesting.

By the end of Day 3, students will submit a write up which will be judged by Mentors.The best write ups will be given space to get published.

The honorarium amount of INR 3000 per day x 3 days, a total of INR 9000 ( an all inclusive fee) will be paid to every mentor.

Please confirm to me your availability for those three days from 9 am to 4 pm, so that we can request you to be one of our mentors.  You can send your details at rohit.rellan at rr-marketing.com

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best

-  Rohit

Regards,
Rohit Rellan
http://www.linkedin.com/in/rohitrellan

Follow me on TWITTER: twitter.com/rohitrellan
Be my friend on FACEBOOK:http://www.facebook.com/rohit.rellan
Skype :rohitrellan

#Shopify: A multi-channel sales platform made for you. With Shopify, selling your products in many places is every bit as simple as selling in one. Try Shopify #free for 14 days at http://bit.ly/2jtwi9r

Integrate your email marketing with social media, Facebook and Twitter - with Benchmark Email: http://bit.ly/1WkZoUL

Look forward to Mondays with workspace designed for fresh ideas, organic networking, and month-to-month flexibility. Book a tour at WeWork ! http://bit.ly/2vnqkYB